Hopefully you have already read PART 1 in this series about the benefits of vinegar to reduce blood sugar spikes.
Part 2 explains how the order in which you eat your food can have a big effect on your blood sugar spike.
The French biochemist, Jessie Inchauspé aka The Glucose Goddess has a great book illustrating ways to manage glucose. Here is one of her illustrations. In a nutshell, when eating a meal, eat in the following order:
- First eat the vegetables and fibre
- Then eat proteins and fat
- Carbohydrates should be eaten last
Eating carbohydrates at the end of the meal is much better than starting with them.
Here are some more examples:
- Do not start a meal with the bread basket that is commonly brought to the table first.
- If you are eating something sweet, do not eat it in isolation, instead eat it at the end of a meal.
- If you are going to eat a sandwich, you don’t need to pull it apart and eat the filling first. Just eat a vegetable of salad before the sandwich.
This is such a simple and easy change to make and is hugely beneficial for your health!
Wishing you all health and happiness.
Dr Maria Amasanti