- Keep things simple, simple, simple.
- Try bringing nature indoors. Some simple greenery around the home is beautiful. Nature provides us with all the decoration we need!
- Avoid scented candles and room scents. They often contain harmful chemicals and endocrine disrupters that affect hormones. Growing up we would hang orange peel by the fire which made the whole house smell divine!
- Christmas is about simplicity, not excess. Reflect on what are the true gifts to give to oneself and to others. What touches you the most in life? What is precious to you? When you have the answer to this, does that help reframe what matters about Christmas?
- Make life easy. If using paper plates and cups is going to save you hours of washing up, do it! Santa doesn’t care!
- Take just three minutes in the morning to sit quietly with eyes closed. This will help set your nervous system and be more resilient during the day.
- Take a ten minute walk after eating. It is one of the best ways of bringing down blood sugar.
- Back to number 1 – keep things simple, simple, simple!
Wishing you all health and happiness,